Smithfield’s Chicken ‘N Bar-B-Q® is a rapidly growing restaurant and franchise company with over 30 locations in North Carolina. We offer a fast-paced and rewarding work environment, hands-on training, and a performance-based career advancement program. With multiple locations on the horizon, the opportunities for advancement are endless and you control your own destiny.
Grounded in our roots of family recipes and southern hospitality, we believe that keeping it simple is the key to success. We strive to serve great food fast in a clean restaurant while showing our guests that we are grateful to serve them. Fresh food is made by hand daily in each store and we couldn’t be more proud of that. We opened our first restaurant over 50 years ago and the core values that made us great are still a driving force in our growth today.
Crew Members are trained across the board on all main functions related to restaurant general operations – from Front of the House(Cashiers and Food-runners) to Back of the House(Cooks – Food Prep and Cook Line).
The Cashiers are the first and last co-workers that interact with the customers, which makes this a critical position in the restaurant. They make the first and lasting impressions on our guests so it is important for them to be friendly, energetic and attentive. Dining Room Attendants are what make Smithfield’s Chicken ‘N Bar-B-Q® a full service restaurant and it is necessary for them to display an overall sense of hospitality. Good communication skills, an ability to multi-task and being able to understand and follow instructions are vital to success in both of these positions.
The Fry Cook is responsible for serving customers by cooking fresh and hot fries and hushpuppies. There is a technique to this process that sets our food apart from that of other restaurants. To ensure the freshest, hottest food for our customers, the Fry Cook must be aware of the flow of business. They are also responsible for breading and frying shrimp and cooking hot dogs to order. The Prep Cook is responsible for serving the customers by preparing great food. Depending on the store and personnel, this person could make Bar-B-Q, Cole slaw, potato salad, baked beans, Brunswick stew and fry chicken. They must know how to cook and follow a recipe, so experience in these areas is a plus. They are responsible for heating prepared food to temperature in order to keep the steam table stocked at appropriate levels depending on the time of day. This position is also in charge of keeping the kitchen clean throughout the day, which includes washing dishes and keeping the floors and all work areas clean.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
- Ability to multi-task, work quickly and efficiently
- Display a good attitude, an open mind, and a Customer First mentality
- Clean tables, sweep/mop the floors, and keep the dining room and restrooms clean and organized
- Stand/ be active for long periods of time
- Reach above head, turn, twist and reach repetitively
- Greet the customers, take their orders and handle payments
- Follow proper cash handling procedures
- Brew iced tea, fill beverage orders and keep the counter area clean and stocked
- Deliver food orders to the tables and bag up take out orders according to company standards
- Refill beverages and ensure our guests have everything they need to enjoy their meal
- Competitive wages
- Insurance Benefits, 401(k), and Paid time off programs (full-time employees)
- Meal discounts
Current NC residents will be considered promptly. Smithfield’s Chicken ‘N Bar-B-Q® is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses E-Verify as part of the hiring process.