Leadership Wilmington Alumni Council
Calling all Leadership Wilmington alumni! We are happy to announce the creation of LW Alumni Council as a great way for you to engage with fellow alumni, support current programs, future scholarships, and stay up to date on some awesome happenings with the Chamber’s Leadership Programs. To make this work, we need YOU to participate! Please join today. Annual membership dues are $100 and benefits include:
· Forte Communication Style Report and at least three adapting reports
o Includes one-on-one facilitation of your reports with Forte
o Value of over $90
· Be recognized as an alumni member on the Wilmington Chamber of Commerce website.
· Alumni members will also be eligible to serve on the Selection Committee for the annual LW Alumni of the Year Award and upcoming LW class.
· LW Alumni members may be provided additional leadership development opportunities as they are presented to the current class, at a discounted fee, including Implicit Bias Training, StrengthsFinder, etc.
· LW Alumni will provide additional leadership roles for members, including leadership within the alumni group, session facilitators for the current Leadership Wilmington class and an applicant pool for future Wilmington Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
In the fall of 2021, 35 LWAC members attended the first meeting in October where they heard updates from leaders in the areas of Arts and Entertainment; Education, Infrastructure and the Hospital Endowment; and learned about leadership opportunities in our community like serving on a non-profit board or running for elected office.
In December of 2021, 20 LWAC members participated in The Art of One Word where they worked to identify what their one word of 2022 would be then painted it and spent the evening networking with other Leadership Wilmington alumni and current class members.
In March 2022, we received Tier 2 Volunteer Training with New Hanover County Schools and learned about why volunteering with our community school system is so important. We learned about the All Hands on Deck program and learned about ways we can get our teams involved and engaged with our schools.
May 17, we toured the new Haynes Lacewell Training Facility and experienced the Driving and Virtra Simulators to get insight into the training our police officers experience. Alumni had meaningful conversations with Chief Williams and Lieutenant Fox.
June 14, we took a river cruise on the Cape Fear while sipping rum punch to end our day with fellow alum. We also heard from sponsor, The Forte Institute, about the benefit of being being a LW Alumni Council member and having access to Forte Adapting Reports.
Want to join us for even MORE in 2023? Join the council today for July 1, 2022-June 30, 2023 and receive access to the May and June events as a bonus!
Save the dates:
August 4, 5-6pm - Alumni and Class of 2023 Kick Off Mixer
August 16 - Tour of CFPUA Sweeney Facility
September 20, 12-1pm - Executive Coaching
Membership dues are $100 annually and contribute to additional programming for the Alumni Association and leadership development opportunities. If you're interested in joining the Leadership Wilmington Alumni Association, please contact the Wilmington Chamber of Commerce's Director of Programs & Initiatives, Laura Brogdon-Primavera at email@example.com.